Tuesday 2 September 2008

The way things are

Things here are started to calm down a bit. It's still sunny, but no where near as hot as 1 or 2 weeks ago. We're still waiting to get our first taste of rain since MAY! There ahve been times when we have seen rain clouds....nearby ,not above where we live though, which is the closest we have come to rain.
I think once we do get a bit of rain I might have a little dance....then hurry up inside.

The vacationers are slowly going away. The centre of the town is far more quiter now. Plus I don't have to squeeze past slow walkers as I make my nightly trip to pick up the missus.
Also alot of the roads are much bearer now. There did used to be alot of cars parked anywhere at all they could find. Behind lamposts, in other peoples drive ways, under some trees but most just parked in the middle of paths. A lot of them did get toed away by the police without any notice, which I always watched with a evil smile on my face (it deserves you right pesky motorist for making me walk in the middle of a busy road).
With the streets, roads and the beach being less busy it's kind of almost got the feeling like you've just thrown a big house party and now it's time to relax and enjoy the weekend.
(Although there are some French holiday makers left -definitely the loudest ones we've had all summer- who are like that annoying person at the end of the party that no ones knows and wont go home.)

My work is starting to calm down a bit. The last few days I've had a bit of a backlog at work that I have been working my way through. Working whatever hours you want often leads to strange working hours. I was up working until 1am yesterday, although I didn't mind as I was watching the text commentary on the BBC about the last day of the football transfer (and all I learnt was this)

Although I did learn about Googles Chrome which I've been constantly refreshing the Google Blog all day to see if they have started the download.

But I'm trying to get as much work done as I can in the next few days. Luckily there isn't any decent football on this weekend, although some Pub Team is playing, but I expect I'll be doing a few more late nights until then, firstly to catch up on my work, but mainly so I can start playing Spore.

PS I've changed one or two things round on the blog. Most notable being comments. Blogger bloggers will find they will need to manually enter in details now, I'm sorry about this, although I think Blogger allows your title to act as OpenID. Also you can now score other peoples comments, reply direct to comments and a few other things. Have a look)

No comments: